Wanna go tour the Kzoo Maker Space?

I was traveling through the Kalamazoo area today, and stopped at the Kzoo Maker Space on the off chance that I might get a chance to see their facility. It paid off, and I spent 20-30 minutes or so there. Is there any interest in a group of people going down to see their facility? Maybe talk shop, maybe share insight into projects, procedures, equipment, fundraising, community outreach and involvement, etc? We could combine this with a trip to the Air Zoo as well - two birds, one town, and all that.

And they could come visit here as well. I’ll coordinate if there’s interest.

4 Likes

I’m interested in going and checking out their facility.

1 Like

I would love to!
We have contact info for that space and an open invite to visit from Ryan and Nate

2 Likes

Tours of the KZoo facility are by appointment. Please post a couple of good times for you to go, whether weekends, evenings, etc, and I’ll see what we can set up.

We had a guest at our recent board meeting from there (I think that’s where).

I’ll come along if I don’t have another commitment, but I’ll let everyone else pick a time.

1 Like

I would like to go most any time

I’d love to tour the space.
Of course, last time I toured another space, I had a heart attack four days later. That sucked.

1 Like

16,18 or 19 of August would work, but I could maybe make another time work next week.

1 Like

No 1234567890 …
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…
No…

During the day on the 16, 17, and 18 works for me

I don’t think Dot gets to go home until the 21st

I what to see Gary heart attack to hope he get better!

I communicate speech center to see get kids book!!!

2 Likes

I am much better! I intend to keep irritating people for years to come.

1 Like

OK, folks - I suggest we go this Friday morning, Aug 18. It’s about an 80 minute drive to get there. Let’s meet at LMN at 9:30, with the plan to arrive at 11 AM. We can tour their facility, then find lunch locally. If there is interest, we can go to the Air Zoo after. The Air Zoo offers the opportunity to buy tickets online ahead of time. They are open 9-5 that day, and admission is $18, $15 for seniors.

https://16021.blackbaudhosting.com/16021/tickets?tab=3&txobjid=1b87ef14-b89d-4a5c-803f-79124cc2bcd8

I’m in!
Forgive me, I’m supposed to go to the air zoo with my partner soon, so I’d like to skip that on the 18th

If everyone else wants to go, I can drive separate

Have we received a confirmation from the Kalamazoo makerspace that they will be there that day?

Awesome! I’ll be at Kzoo Makers on Friday; I often run tours and am very involved with the space. Will see who else can make it once the date is finalized; I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

See yah!

-Ryan from Kzoo Makers

1 Like

Hi @RyanR !
@Tony and I are for sure coming on Friday
@RealCarlRaymond @GaryB @Lou , will you be joining? We’re carpooling from LMN at 9:30
Skipping the airzoo this time

I chatted with @Vic_Reynaud today, and he can’t make this one

2 Likes

Could I catch a ride (carpool) with someone on Friday? Will be arriving LMN at about 9:20 if that would suit the driver.
Thanks for your consideration.
Lou

I think we can make that happen. I can carry 3 passengers. If we have more, we will need another driver.

I think I can make it, but would need to hitch a ride.

I’m going to try and make it tomorrow, checking with my work to make sure it’s alright. I just wrapped up a project so hopefully I can join in on the journey.