CNC Router question

Trying to set up an account with Vectric (V-Carve), and they require the model of the CNC machine.
Going through this because the files I made at home couldn’t be opened on the computer at LMN. This was after the makerspace number had been put into the software. So, if anyone could lend some advice with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

You might not of been able to open your files from home on the LMN computer because they were generated by a newer version of vcarve. I believe that you can open files from older versions in newer versions (backwards compatible) but not the opposite. Perhaps the LMN software needs to be updated to the latest version. I know I had this issue before at a different makerspace.

From reading their forum, the versions are backwards compatible, and older versions can’t open newer. I have v.11 at home and thought I’d opened v.11 at the space.
That still may not be the problem. The LMN computer said that my files were from a trial version rather than a makerspace client. I entered the LMN code and restarted the program before creating the files.
So far Vectric has yet to substantively get back with me.

I’m not sure what that’s about, but we have a Precision Automation PA-1000 machine, and the software that runs it is Mach 3.

1 Like

I can bring my laptop tomorrow to install v carve and test for compatibility with the space equipment so that we have a documented install process if that would be helpful

Sure. I noticed on my copy that the splash screen says “VCarve Pro Makerspace Client Edition” on startup.

so it turns out someone already had the same idea as I did, so I will simply link to that here.

our makerspace id that needs to be put into your client for things to work is below. simply copy and paste

9C0C0-18F9A-A0DC6-388A8-C6F3E-CBD3F-44CCE

Yup, did that. We got the message that the file was from a machine that had trial software. The software that I have also says ‘makerspace client edition’ or something close to that.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been away from the space. I am returning this week and will bring my laptop in to test the install process and verify that files can be transfered. Once I get it figured out I will let you know. Hopefully we can get yours working with little headache

I just got v carve set up on one of two laptops. following the instructions in the linked write up I was able to create a test file on my laptop and open it on the design lab computer. it did give me the same popup message about the file originating from a trial version of v carve on another machine. it asked if I wanted to obtain a “licence” from web server to open the file, and when I clicked yes the test file just opened. I will post an update when I get things rolling on my second machine

Just finished the process on a second machine, same story. It gives the pop up message on the design lab machine, but after clicking yes the file opens without a problem. Not sure why its doing this, but it does seem to be working in the end

Hi @GaryB,
I downloaded VCarve Pro (11) and can’t find any place where you can put in the LMN code. Can you tell me where you found it? In the About there is no link like I see online.

This might help. I believe you click on “Help”, move down to “About VCarve Pro Makerspace Client…”. From there mine gives me the option to change the makerspace ID. So it is hopefully where one puts it in to start with.

What version do you have @GaryB ? In the 11 this is all I see. I also posted this to the manufacturers help forum :slight_smile:

Or maybe a better question would be, where did you download your version?

I think I downloaded it from the VCarve site itself. My version is 11.008.
We may need to bring @RealCarlRaymond and @Evelyn into this discussion.

I just looked at the VCarve site to verify that we’re telling you the right thing, and I found this page from another makerspace: VCarve Pro Trial Makerspace Edition - CNC Guide - LibGuides at Pikes Peak Library District

Upon which it says “IMPORTANT! Only use version 11 of the software. Do NOT install version 11.5.” Looking at your About screen shows ver. 11.504, so I bet that’s the problem.

On the VCarve site at Makerspace Sign Up | Vectric, it says, confusingly, “We recently updated our VCarve Pro Trial Edition to v11.5. Please note that it is important that you do not update your software to V11.5. The correct version of the VCarve Pro V11 Trial Edition can be downloaded here”, with a link to

https://storage.vectric.com/VCarveProTrialEditionV11_SetupENU.exe

I can verify that the installer version on that link is 11.0. So give that a try.

1 Like

Thank you! I also just got the same info back from VCarve

Adam Moran (Vectric Ltd.)

Jan 10, 2023, 09:50 GMT+1

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry

The V11.5 update for Makerspace is still incoming at this time.
I don’t have a date for this to share currently though but hopefully it will not be much longer.

The Clients should all be using the version seen linked on the Makerspace information page seen here: https://www.vectric.com/support/makerspace-sign-up

Just to close the thread - this version worked with our key and all is right with the world! Thank you to all!!!

1 Like

@Elijah

this is the thread with the information you need