Call for Volunteers: How-to Halloween, Oct. 22nd & 23rd

Howdy all! I’m here to post about an upcoming event that LMN will be attending (and has attended before!) called How-to Halloween. We’re going to have a few tables set up to show off what the makerspace has to offer, as well as pass out candy and run our Mega-Operation and Giant Tetris games.

The event will take place at The Lansing Center, and it will be pretty dark and kind of noisy (there is live music being played in the far corner of the room, which is super cool!) A lot of families with young kids attend the event. Just giving you a picture of what you’re in for. It’s a lot of fun!

If you’re interested in helping run this event, take a look at the shifts down below and let me know how you’d like to help. If you think, “oh my god this looks like so much fun, I would love to do multiple shifts!” you are CERTAINLY more than welcome to do so.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

October 21st
LOAD-IN AND SET-UP @ LMN → The Lansing Center

5:00pm - 7:00pm
1 - Volunteer with truck / trailer that can transport Mega Operation & Tetris
2 - Set-up volunteers

Volunteers will load up all event gear at the makerspace and transport to The Lansing Center. Volunteers will then set-up the “booth” in prepartion for the event on the following day.

October 22nd
How-to Halloween Day One @ The Lansing Center

10:30am - 2:00pm
4 - Event Shift Volunteers

Volunteers will run the booth at How-to Halloween, greeting event-goers, talking about the makerspace, facilitating play at Mega-Operation and Gigantris, and pass out halloween candy.

1:30pm - 5:00pm

Volunteers will run the booth at How-to Halloween, greeting event-goers, talking about the makerspace, facilitating play at Mega-Operation and Gigantris, and pass out halloween candy.

October 23rd
How-to Halloween Day Two @ The Lansing Center

10:30am - 2:00pm

1:30pm - 5:00pm

LOAD OUT AND PUTAWAY @ The Lansing Center → LMN

5:00pm - 7:00pm
1 - Volunteer with truck / trailer that can transport Mega Operation & Tetris
2 - Load-out volunteers

Pack up everything at our booths, re-locate back to the makerspace and store.

I’d like to help out for the first (and maybe second) shift of day two.

1 Like

I’m in! I will be available all weekend with the exception of the Zombie walk outside

1 Like

I’m in for setup on Friday, staffing Saturday, and loadout on Sunday evening.

Oh by the way people should know that parking isn’t free at the Lansing Center for exhibitors. You can load and unload, but then they chase you out.
If you don’t want to pay in their visitor lot, street parking is often available, but you may have to walk a few blocks.

1 Like

My truck is also available for set up and tear down for this event

I would be able to work both shifts on Saturday.

I have a truck, and can help haul things there, and help set up. I have a small trailer as well that can be used to haul things as well, assuming it doesn’t sell before then. (Anyone interested in buying a trailer?)

I’m working the 5:30 shift on Sunday evening, but I’ll be at the space to help unload.

I can volunteer all weekend, I was planning on running 3D printers and have plenty of 3D printed Halloween things.

1 Like

Yes, that looks great! Would love to chat a little bit before friday.

Alright, so here’s what I’ve got so far for staffing this event. I’ll try to get in touch with everyone here to talk details.

1 Like

Jimmy, do you have my number?

I’ve got Gigantris and Mega-Operation ready to go. The accessories for each are in marked bins right next to them.
Unfortunately, I had to give up on getting Mega-O working properly. Some of the LEDs are just too far gone. But people enjoy it even without that.

I won’t be able to help with load-in tonight, because I have a work event from 5:00 to 7:00. I will be at the table all day Saturday.

For those working the event we’re in Hall C. You can enter through the public entrance of the Lansing Center. Just stop at the table to the right of the door and get your exhibitor badge, and wear it so it’s visible to the door people.

You can also enter through the back door, Loading Door C, which will make you feel like an insider. It’s on the Cedar Street side on the building. If there’s a security guard, just silently nod like you’ve done a thousand shows. You’ll get right in. Then you can get your exhibitor badge.

Once you’re inside, find us by looking around for the Lansing Makers Network sign. You’ll recognize a lot of the stuff, and also see people you know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.