Wood shop checkout request

I see that @kdemott made a request to be checked out on some equipment as well, but I thought that if I just commented on that thread it might cause a bit of disorganization. So I figured I’d just make another post.

I am new here and would like to be checked out on some wood shop equipment. Specifically the table saw, miter saw, band saw, drill press, planer, and jointer (in truth all the equipment minus the lathes and cnc router, but it depends on time constraints). I don’t know what the entire process looks like, but this is all equipment I have experience on already.

@cafwood I see that you have office hours on Thursdays, is there anyone else to do checkouts if I can’t make Thursdays? I am available most evenings and weekends but it depends on my work load from my courses.

The short answer is that if you want a check off soon, come Thursday evenings. I may not always be available as doing check offs is not the only thing I do. And yes, there are other people at the makerspace that are able to do check offs. Please understand, we are all volunteers–the makerspace has no paid staff. If Thursday doesen’t work, let me know. I will try to help figure ou an alternative.

1 Like