Wood shop checkout request (Table saw and router table)

I am a soon to be new member for LMN. I would like to use the table saw and router table. I’m available most times. Thank you.

If it makes a difference, I have experience with both. It’s been a long time though. It’s probably been 15 years since I used a table saw. I’ve made jigs instead since I don’t have space for a table saw. The router table has been over 5 years ago since I last used one. Thanks!

Calling @TEAM_Woodshop

I am unable to provide a checkout until maybe next week. If nobody steps up before then, I’ll be happy to check you out

Thanks. I’m available almost any time so whenever works for you would be good for me.

I can do a checkout for you Saturday afternoon. Does sometome between 2 and 4 work?

Oops - sorry, belay that. There is a class in the woodshop Saturday, and they will be using the tools then.

Thanks. I saw that class and was thinking about taking it. I really don’t need a cutting board though, :).

I didn’t forget about this, I just recently started to feel sick and don’t think I should be in the space at all this week.

Thanks. Hope you feel better soon.

Brian, does tomorrow (Thursday) work for you? Suggest a time, and i will see if that works.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Unfortunately, I can’t make it today (Thursday) or Friday.

Ok. I will be out of town tomorrow thru Sunday. Post your available times here, and we will see who can help you.

Brian, whats your availability? I can do this sometime this week .

Thanks Tony. I no longer need to use the table saw and don’t need the router table yet. At this point, I can start another thread for check-out at some time in the future. I’ve been living without a table saw for 15 years and am used to making jigs to hold my circular saw in place. I’m going to watch and see if there are any group checkout days though and may show up for that. From what I understand, I’m going to need to check-out on all the equipment I have at home also if I’m going to use it at LMN.

That’s basically it, Brian. Start one whenever you are ready. There are others besides me who can do checkouts, so hopefully we can get you up and making.

I’m considering a regular open hours for checkouts if a good schedule can be set up. You are welcome to come in for any checkouts that you see here as well.

And I’m curious to see some of your jigs for using a circular saw. That sounds creative.

I’ll second that regarding the jigs.

When I say jig, I just mean anything that guides the saw. I can get cuts as good as a table saw but it takes a lot longer. Usually it’s a straight-edge and clamps. On one occasion, I screwed something onto the edge of the circular saw for consistent strips. That only works for thinner strips though.