What have you all been making?!

The second formulation of my George Washington recreation. Much less strict than my first go, half the mollasis, more grain, and a change from red to white wheat. This is now one of the best beers I’ve made.

2 Likes

Bottled this morning, this is a maple ginger bread winter warmer. There is a wildly different character with every sip. I hope this is still the case after carbonation.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Cutting board bonanza !

4 Likes

This dark and brooding liquid is not beer. It’s gruit. I used mugwort alone.
Before the use of hops, there was a mixture of herbs called gruit. Using some, or all of the suspected herbs receives the classification of gruit.

It’s been reasonably well received, but greater experimentation is needed for the proper proportion of herbs.

2 Likes

Walnut Map frame!

4 Likes

I laser cut a little luminary out of cardboard for funsies!
(tea light is battery operated)
(Also, I’m struggling to upload pictures, so here’s my insta!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrPiK0Fuvj5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

3 Likes

I entered two of those beers above in Siciliano’s homebrew competition. (Braggot and Christmas; named Bee Excellent to Each Other and Everything Nice.) They both won first place in their catagories!

4 Likes

Congrats! :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

1 Like

Congratulations to you and your abilities as a brewmaister!

1 Like

Sunshine on a cloudy day!
Stored some stuff at a friend’s place. Among that were some 5 gallon carboys. This is juniper mead. It is also, in part, why I’m not driving anywhere today. Batch started March of 1997.

4 Likes

Today, on the Extreme Gardening Channel…

Now sing, “six foot, seven foot, EIGHT FOOT trellis! Gardening at the LMN…”

5 Likes

I finally finished my second sewing project!

It took longer than anticipated as I tune up my rusty sewing skills.

4 Likes

They always take longer than you think they should.

That’s awesome!!! Nicely done :slight_smile:

These are the ways of f our lives

4 Likes

With the way some of these threads go, I never thought that this would still be getting new posts 6 months later… Keep it going!

2 Likes

A creative repair job… This bag was ripped, so I found the green leaf fabric and lined the bag and repaired the rip. One bird motif in the ripped section became a pocket.

And the orange shirt needed a pocket to hold my phone. Sew, I added pockets. I also tested out my quilting skills by adding a needle turned applique butterfly.

4 Likes

Been turning some tops and some little cups for holding dops.

7 Likes

Great looking work! And love the wood! I need to get in on a lathe check out sometime!