We're reopening on Friday, here are the details!

I’m excited to share that we’re reopening the space on St. Joseph this weekend!

Since we are doing this during a pandemic after being closed for more than a year, we’re going to ease into things with some changes to ensure the safety of our members and volunteers. Here’s what you need to know for this weekend:

• We’ll be open Friday 4-9 pm, Saturday 12-8 pm, and Sunday 12-8 pm, even for 24/7 members.

• Masks will be required for everyone entering the building at all times.

• Bring safety glasses that you can reuse. We’ll also have some you can buy for $1, but please take them with you when you leave.

• We’ll ask some refresher questions about tools and safety before reactivating any membership including 24/7 members, so try to stop by this weekend so we can get you going safely.

• There will be additional intro/refresher checkouts for members who are feeling rusty or curious about new tools.

• We’re limiting new signups to open hour members only this weekend. We’ll open up other types of membership at a future date.

Please consider this a social event! We’re excited to see you back in the space even if it’s just to say hi. Come in for a free tour, and if you’re not a member and would like to volunteer, we’ll gladly accept your help.

Keeping the space staffed may be difficult. We’ll try our best to keep the building open during posted times and communicate any closures as soon as we know about them.

We’ll hold a retrospective about the reopening next Monday and make adjustments where needed. You’re welcome to join that as well and I’ll post a link to the Zoom call later this week on the Talk site. I’ll also share any policy changes on the Talk site as well.

Thank you all so much for your patience. We look forward to seeing you this weekend! :grin:

We should update the website here: https://www.lansingmakersnetwork.org/
It still shows: Lansing Makers Network Closed

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, Joe. I’ll see if I can figure it out before the board meeting and if not, find out who can update it.

I’ve updated the LMN homepage and COVID-19 response pages so these details are visible there as well. I’ll revise them as hours/policies change moving forward as well. :+1: