Updated Masking Requirements

Hello All,

As the community risk level for Ingham and surrounding communities has been low to medium for the last several months (https://covidactnow.org) it seems prudent to adjust our masking requirements for the space. As of today masks are no longer required when visiting Lansing Makers Network. However, in situations of close contact such as during check-outs and classes, please be prepared to accept requests from any participant for the group to mask. We’ll continue to have masks available at the front desk for situations where masking is requested and not all participants have masks available.

Note that appropriate masks are recommended for many of the activities that one may ordinarily undertake in the shops (especially in the wood shop). This is a great opportunity to refine one’s own PPE habits in the shops.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to thank everyone for their participation in our masking requirements. We’ve certainly kept the requirement in place longer than most and have had very few difficulties with compliance. This seems thanks in large part to our amazing community of members. I’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone for helping us do our part to protect the vulnerable members of our community.

2 Likes

Finally I can work with dangerous equipment without having my safety glasses fog up

4 Likes