Update 3/30 Faceshield

We have clear plastic. How many have you done with U of Ms 3-hole design? We might be able to get plastic for those. We have elastic too. Hit yo our website at lib.msu.edu/3DPPE and sign up as a maker and schedule a drop off of your stuff. We’ll do the rest if you like! Going forward, we’d love to have you on the team; we use the rc2 or Rc3 Prusa design. A ton of reasons why…too long to type from mobile right now.

I have 14 printed so far… one of the reasons I was going for the UofM 3 hole design was I have a friend who is being put on shift at UofM starting next week.

Either way, I’ll get in contact soon. Happy to help any way I can.

I will be dropping off about 30 frames of two types tomorrow morning. The latest are PLA, as I have run out of PETG. Does anyone know of a local source of 1.75mm PETG? Amazon seems to have it, but it may take a week for shipping…

A stack of four RC3’s including bottom reinforcements is taking 15.5 hours on my MK2 at a 0.25 layer height and 100% infill. I don’t think infill would save much time or material because the parts are so thin, but could I increase the layer height to something like 0.35?

The MSU team has some PETG for distribution to face shield printers. I can give you the details if you didn’t get the message last night from Nathan Tykocki.

Thanks @RealCarlRaymond. I did get the information and have put in a request.

Prusa’s RC3.x files push things to extremes. Infill is just 5%, and speeds are much higher. I was getting a headband in about 1.25 hours.

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/27267-prusa-face-shield-stack-ver/files

I made a variant of it that includes punch-outs to indicate the material used, and another that has a hood on it. I can send those to you.

Last night there was talk that Sparrow was concerned about the gap at the top. However, the latest news is that they still want them.

There is also demand for this thing:

You can drop those off the same way

Thanks again, @RealCarlRaymond.

Yes, the .gcode files from Prusa are optimized, but would probably cause damage to my MK2. I did find a user print file at the link you gave me that is optimized for the MK2, so I will try that. It should be faster.

Thanks for the idea about the mask straps, too. I can crank those out on my old Maker Farm machine with ABS filament. Seems like there would help with comfort. Could they be made on a laser cutter too?

Just a note on the mask straps. People here have reported that the design @RealCarlRaymond linked to pulls people’s hair. We have switched over to this design. This design might also print faster because there is less infill.
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/28875-surgical-mask-adjustable-clip

That should print faster, for sure.