Tool Compendium

Hello folks and especially volunteers,

I’ve started a tool compendium in a google doc as an inventory and a checklist for SOP completion. I also tracked down links to manuals for some things. I haven’t yet included much from Electronics or Jewelry, and I am missing things from Blacksmithing so hopefully knowledgeable folks will be able to help with that. Carl has kindly sent me a doc with Electronics info that I still need to transcribe. I’m getting behind on my general to-do list so I wanted to share what I have for anyone who wants to pick this up and contribute. I know @JamesFriend and others have put in some time working towards this goal. Here is the link to the editable document for any who would like to add to or take from this compendium:

LMN Tool Compendium

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! this is awesome! Can I ask another favor next time someone is in the space? I’d like up to date photos of some of the more impressive tools so someone can post it to the website for attracting new members.
I’m thinking CNC Router, Forges, Lathes, Quilting Machine, etc. but please feel free to add tools you think are worth showing off!

My cameras are all very mediocre and low res, so if anyone can take those and post them here, or on a doc, or just email them to me: billy@billykroes.com

2 Likes

This is great!! I can work with Vic+jewelry team next time I’m in to complete the metalsmithing area tools at the least.
Once the list is complete we can create flyers to take to events to promote the space. People at events always ask us what tools we have at the space and it would be really convenient to be able to show them. There are some flyers from Flint’s makerspace that lists their tools in the lobby that we can use as an example too.

1 Like

I’m going to the wood shop tonight and will send you some pictures. There is a checkout session so we can do some “in action” pics.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cLvVXBQwh7HLqrPDAjiCGaLA0FIPwdcr?usp=sharing

Here are some pics of various things in the woodshop area. These photos can be freely used for any purpose by the LMN and its members.

2 Likes

Woohoo! this is wonderful, thank you!

I have added all the tools from blacksmithing and welding that I can think of.

1 Like