The board is looking to identify needs in a new space. For context, our current lease is up in February of 2019. While we will certainly investigate options for extending the lease, there seems to be a consensus that our needs may have grown beyond the current space.
We’d love input on what members would like to see in a new space. Many of you have probably also heard of a space we’re currently working on a proposal for— that project is still ongoing, but in the interest of due dillegence (and not to put all of our eggs in one basket) it’s important that we investigate our options.
Please feel free to suggest additions to the below items. Also, if you’re interested in participating on the team that will be leading this effort, please let me know (and specifically how you’d like to help).
- Increase in available sqft (currently 5500)
- Separation between areas (doors and walls) for sound and dust control
- Located in city of Lansing (or another municipality that would have the resources to support the organizations growth in meaningful ways)
- ADA accessibility (required by many funders)
- Located within easy access to freeways (many of our members travel up to about 20 minutes to come to the space)
- Located near public transit (ideal for increasing student involvement in the space)
- Appropriate power availability (3 phase, 220v a plus)
- Zoned appropriately for our use.
- Loading door access (big equipment, materials access)
- adequate parking
- Safe location
- heat and COOL
Additional ideal features
- ventilation for paining, welding, jewelry, etc
- easy outside route for external dust collection
Other thoughts ?