So.... reopening?

I’m sure a lot of people have been wondering about this. What’s the word on reopening?

I know the governor’s plan is to open things in phases, where certain groups, organizations, etc can begin to resume normal - or somewhat normal - activities. Does the executive board use any particular type of group as a model to decide when we can start letting people back in the shop? What changes will be needed?

I’ve been wondering about this myself. I would be happy to be a part of this conversation, RE: changes, PPE, sanitization, etc.

Tony and Luke, thank you so much for your patience!

The board members are currently planning how to safely reopen while also making it a good experience for members of the space. We are drawing from Maker Works’ approach to reopening but scrutinizing everything to make sure every part of LMN’s plan fits the needs of our members.

I’ll make sure the other board members know you’re wanting more information and potentially interested in helping out. We’ll report back with more information soon!

Hi all, I have some more info after tonight’s board meeting.

Our plan will be based on Maker Works’ public response plan. We are currently working on general standard operating procedures for the makerspace as a whole and special procedures for certain tools/areas.

It’s also important to us that members are aware of our plans at the time they return to the building and we’re considering ways to approach that, such as short orientations.

A lot of this is still in development and also subject to change as things happen and we form new or better ideas about making the space safe for everyone.

Thank you all for being so patient and understanding! :grin:

Thanks for the update. Please let me know of any updates, or if I can help.

So, the ‘more info’ after the meeting about 4 weeks ago, when can we expect that?

I also notice that tonight’s meeting cannot be attended via zoom, as the last one was. At least no meeting has been created and published. Any particular reason for this?

Hi @GaryB, I really appreciate you bringing this up and I will try harder to stay on top of the Talk site.

We are very close to providing a draft proposal for reopening to you. The board set a deadline of July 31st to finish the draft proposal and share it with members for feedback, but think that we’ll have it ready by Wednesday.

There is no date selected yet for reopening, but we think that will be easier to pick once the reopening plan is finalized. The plan will be a living document that allows for adjustments over time, especially as state orders change.

If anyone would like to borrow tools, please make a request here on the Talk site. Not all tools will be available for borrowing, so please let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to accommodate.

I know that may not seem like much, but the reopening plan is big and we’re excited to finally be able to share what we’ve come up with next week! :grin:

1 Like