Rescheduled: Electronics Volunteers needed 8/9 for Michigan Assistive Technology Program

We’ve got a cool new collaboration in the works with the Michigan Assistive Technology Program (Assistive Tech Program – Michigan Disability Rights Coalition)

This November LMN will host a Hackathon to convert items (working on which) to have different tyles of adaptable switches. More information on this as the planning comes together.

Before we can teach a bunch of folks how to adapt these items, we need to figure it out ourselves. The folks from the Assistive Tech program will bring the items and switches on the 19th starting at 4:30 to LMN, and I’m looking for 3-4 electronics minded people to help us play around with them and make them work from the beginning. I’ll take pictures and write documentation as we go for use in November.

Tagging some folks that might be interested and have the skillz:
@RealCarlRaymond @jody @brian.adams

2 Likes

Here are the items that we will be adapting:

1 Like

I’m interested, I wouldn’t say I’d have much more knowledge on this stuff than just a beginner though.

1 Like

This one is a low-key learning opportunity where we figure it out together, so we’d love to have you.

1 Like

Happening this Friday!
If you have an interest in or ability with electronics, we’d love to have you!

1 Like

Quick head’s up that the switches didn’t arrive on time so we will be rescheduling this work group. I’ll post again when we’ve got a new date!

3 Likes

I have like 2 years in electronics from harry hill center. if it is ongoing program I can help.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Hey all,

This event has been rescheduled for August 9th at 4:30pm. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

@TonicETronic small reminder that this is tonight!

Oh no, this weekend I don’t have a ride. Thank you for letting me know though!