Request for Assistance for a Very Cool Event!

Hello Fellow Makers!

My name is Kevin Lundquist and I would like some assistance. I volunteer for the Capital Area Humane Society and have recently become a committee member for this year’s Walk for the Animals/Paws in the Park fundraising event. The event is an interactive day of fun for you and your dog (and those without a dog can come see a few of our shelter dogs available for adoption). There will be games, demonstrations, food & drink, vendors, music and a special Halloween doggy costume contest with prizes! This all takes place on October 13th from 1:00-4:00pm at Cooley Law School Stadium in downtown Lansing.

Here is where I could use some assistance from my fellow Makers:

If you make anything that you’d like to sell at the event, you can become a vendor. Particularly anything with a dog theme should go over very well, but not restricted to that. The vendor fee is $100 (with the money going to fund the shelter).

If you or your employer would like to become a sponsor of the event, please contact me and I can get you a sponsorship packet. There are different levels of sponsorship with the top level giving you our full media coverage (TV, radio, social media, email blasts, etc).

If you or anyone you know of would like to donate items to the event, we’d appreciate it. The event is Halloween themed, so anything for decoration (pumpkins, corn stalks, etc) would be great! And if you know of anyone who does dog agility training or something related, we would love to talk to them.

If you would like to participate in the event with your dog (or without a dog), the registration fee is $25 and will include a t-shirt, goodie bag, etc. You can sign up at the Capital Area Humane Society website at AdoptLansing.org. If you do sign up, I’d also like to ask you to join my team ‘Muttley Crew’. There is a spot on the registration form to choose your team from the drop-down list. It’s just for fun, but if you sign up and send me a pic of your pup (MuttleyCrew@mail.com), I’ll post it to our team gallery. As a registered member, you can also collect funds from family, friends, complete strangers to add to your own personal fundraising totals and to win cool prizes (which are detailed on the site).

If you’re thinking…WOW, this seems like a great cause, but I just can’t make it out there that day, you can also donate any amount. If you go online, you can choose my name, Kevin Lundquist, if you’d like to support me and my team. I can also collect cash and checks before the event date if you’d prefer. The animals at the shelter and I appreciate any amount.

And any other ideas are appreciated. Things are coming together, but we’d love to make this year’s event the best ever! Thanks for taking the time to read this if you’ve stayed with me this far!

Kevin
Muttley Crew Captain