Printer help please

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: HP DesignJet 800

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [REPLACEME]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
I can’t get the front end desktop to see the printer. I updated the printer driver to “HP DesignJet 800 24 by HP”
If I send a windows test print, custom pdf, or custom jpg, none show up in the printer queue. Desktop shows the machine as idle, even if I turn the printer off.

Paper loaded fine

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

The printer is old enough there isn’t a current driver for it. There’s an Hp print utility on the computer that can print pdfs and images directly to it however.

If there is an older driver available that will work on a particular version of windows, that may work if the printer is opened under a “run as windows [whichever]”.

Or @seabrig29 might be able to help.