Possible plumbing problem

The hallway bathroom with a toilet may have a leak. There was a bit of water standing around the base of the toilet during my volunteer shift today (Friday, Feb 18). I dried it, and I’ll check on it in a bit. It could have been water melting off shoes and boots, but it was only by the toilet, not further out in the open space of that room.

At a guess, all that’s needed is a new wax seal - easy peasy, as far as plumbing fixes go.

1 Like

Seems like this is still an issue. Anyone with the know-how want to take this on?

It’s done. At least, I think it is. I replaced the wax seal under the toilet. The leak was on the front/right side of the toilet, at the seam between the porcelain and the tile floor. Take a look after flushing - if you see any water seeping there, then the fix didn’t work. If no leaks appear in a day or so, this thread can be closed.

The moral of the story might be, the problem you complain about might become your own.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.