Possible dishwasher timer issue

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: Dishwasher

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @SpaceForce

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
The dishwasher has been running for excessively long periods of time. I think the timer switch is faulty because it does not appear to be progressing through cycles. It was probably ‘washing’ for 3 hours last week.

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

Are you starting it on the longest cycle? The “normal” wash cycle begins at around the 3 o’clock position on the dial. It does take a long time to run, but only 45 minutes or so.

I started the load with the dial turned to ‘normal’

The issue seems to be intermittent. I have seen the dishwasher run all day, I have also seen it complete a cycle in an hour

Please be aware that we have an issue with the water supply pressure to the dishwasher (as well as the hot water at the faucet) and that could be the underlying problem to the length of the cycles.

1 Like

Good thought. I was recently made aware of this!