Plotter broken, belt failure

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: plotter at front desk

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @Front_Desk

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
I came in to print the August calendar, and it came up with an error after it had done its initializing. Opened the cover, and saw a belt had exploded. I shut it off and cancelled the print job

Calendar file should be on the desktop, if anyone can print it large anywhere else

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

Looks like there are company selling kits to fix this, the belt itself looks to be about 40 dollars but there might be some kits available that may have some other useful items:

1 Like

Thank you! @brian.adams or @jody thought?

I ordered a belt. It’s a little cheaper so we’ll see what it looks like when it gets in. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll order the LPS belt.

Thanks!

The belt came in and I installed it tonight. Looks like it’s working again. One of the ribbon cables was failing but Carl and I got it together and it seems to be okay. I left a test print on the printer.

1 Like

THANK YOU @jody !

Do I have your and @RealCarlRaymond 's permission to print off the August calendar?

That’s affirmative. It’s fixed and ready to go!