New renewal system

Hey everyone,

After considerable late night effort over the last couple of weeks I’ve finished our new member management system. You can now login and manage your own renewals. This also fixes the long standing problem that family memberships and senior memberships couldn’t be renewed online. They now can.

Old renewal links also redirect to the new site, so if you follow a link in an email it should take you to where you need to go.

When you first visit the site (https://members.lansingmakersnetwork.org) you’ll need to use the “Forgot my password” link to gain access to your account. Use the same email address you gave us when you signed up. If your email address has changed and needs to be updated, let me know and I can take care of that for you.

For those who are curious, we’re using Square as are payment processor (the same company we use for in person payment and had been using for online payments). Card data is never stored on LMN servers (even if you save your card in the system, we process fhat with square and save their Card id. The card number never touches our system).

If you have any problems, please let me know, it’s fresh off the presses so I expect that there might be a few bumps along the way.

This also paves the way for opt-in auto-renewal, so hopefully that will be available soon too.

1 Like

Hey. I’m experiencing a glitch with the system where it will accept my name, but it won’t give me the fields to enter credit card and billing information. I’m attaching a screenshot for reference.

Follow-up. I just renewed from my phone, and this issue didn’t occur, so maybe it’s a browser problem. My phone uses Safari, and my computer uses Firefox.

Remind me to look at it on your computer next time we’re at the space together. That usually means the Square JavaScript didn’t load, but I’d be curious as to why.

Thanks for letting me know though! (And I’m glad I took the time to optimize it for mobile :slight_smile: )