New member checkouts

Hi my name is Liam and I am looking at joining your makers space. What do I need to do to set up check outs on the tools I know I would like to use. I am particularly interested in wood working at the moment as that is something I am familiar with but don’t have access to a shop at the moment. I also am interested in electronics and metal working which I have been exposed to but don’t have as much experience with. Most of my knowledge comes from theater where I know carpentry for scenery electricity for lighting and a bit of electronics with sound.

Tools I know I want to use include
Miter saw
Table saw
Drill press

Tools I might delve into more in the future are
Welder
Grinder
Horizontal band saw
Plainer
Also probably anything you have eventually

I look for to meeting some other makers in the area and hope to get making with all of you soon.

1 Like

Welcome, Liam!

The good news is, you’ve already taken the first step! We coordinate checkouts here on our talk site, so expect someone to reach out soon to schedule for those three tools.

With regards to membership, if you’d like to stop by during our open hours (listed here), we’ll have a volunteer ready to get you set up. We have a couple different membership levels, but all tools are usable with either plan.

If you have any questions in the meantime, or need to coordinate a time outside of our open hours, feel free to let me know!

Hi Liam,

I’m running a wood shop checkout this Sunday at 1:00pm. If that works for you, reply in the thread for that.

Checkout sessions are available for pre-members, so you can get a good idea of what we have before you join up.

OK I should be able to make that work. Do you have a sense of how long it will run?

We can cover the table saw and miter saw in about an hour. More stuff will take longer, of course.