Members to do check-offs in woodshop

The wood shop needs people with some woodworking skills to learn to do checkoffs for new members. You don’t have to be an expert, and you don’t have to do all the tools if you don’t want to. If you feel reasonably competent and want to help, let me know. I will try to set up some training times.

Affected Tool or Resource: [REPLACEME]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [REPLACEME]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
[REPLACEME]

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

I’m interested, I’m shift lead for opening shift on Thursday so I can stay later on Thursday to go over it with you during your office hours if that works.

I’m willing and able to help out when I can.

Thanks to both of you. I am going to wait a few more days to see if anyone else comes forward, then make a plan to meet with you.

I’m interested in this as well.

I would be happy to help.

Thanks for organizing this! Looking forward to an update on availability of tablesaw checkout re this thread Table saw checkout please - #3 by Arialia

You can get a checkoff on the tablesaw at this time. Besides me, usually on Thursday evenings, Laura Rogers, Tony Kuhlman, or Carl Raymond are all possible members that can check you off if they are available.

I’d be interested in helping with check offs. With a little instruction I’d feel comfortable with the table saw, jointer, planes, and perhaps the router table and/or drill press. My preference would be to have a set evening that I’d be available and let those requesting check offs try to accommodate that schedule.

I’d be happy to help if that works out.

Thomas (Tom) Herdt

I wonder if all of you would be able to meet this Sunday at 9a.m. to go over at least some of the machines for you doing check offs. I would plan for about 1 1/2 hrs. Let me know on this topic string. Thanks.

I can’t do this weekend unfortunately but if it works for others feel free and I can try to work it in during your office hours on Thursdays or some other time

I can make that. I’ll plan on it.

Tom Herdt

Since Ryan can’t do it this Sunday, I’m wondering if we could move the time we meet to next Thursday. I’d prefer to get as many as I can at the same time.

That suits me. In less I see another comment, I’ll plan on Thursday.

Tom Herdt

What time on Thursday? I get out of work at 5

Any time on Thursday will work for me.

Let’s plan to meet at 6pm. Thursday.