MakerFaire Detroit 2019 deadline fast approaching

The deadline for applications for Maker Faire at The Henry Ford Museum in July is June 1. Don’t forget to get your application in. The Call for Makers link is https://detroit.makerfaire.com/call-for-makers/.

If you have never been to a Maker Faire, it’s a really fun summertime event. It’s July 27 and 28. It’s a bit pricy to attend as a visitor; the secret is to register a project and get in free.

Be sure to mention in the special requests box to be placed in the LMN tent (if you in fact want to be there). There should be some opportunity to be a helper for another member if you don’t want to exhibit something. That way you can still come for a day.

Reply here when you submit so we’ll have an idea of how many people we’ll have in the tent.

I have seen a few posts from members asking to volunteer. Which is great, as we are tentatively looking at least 14 exhibits large and small, may be more.

If anyone would like help filling out the Call for Maker Application, please let me know. I should be able to stop in Friday (tonight) or others can help.

If you want to exhibit and don’t want to commit to filling out the paper work, that is OK. However, we really need to know. So that we can get your names on the list as volunteers. As Carl mentions the best way to get your tickets is to be a Maker.

Almost ANYTHING is acceptable, Finished or Not. In fact Kind of Working is the norm.

Let me add
CALL FOR ART

Maker Faire is not just about the techno jumbo, but ART. We would really like it if any has something even Artsy. Please check in.