Looking for locals in the area

Hi everyone, I’m a construction superintendent for the past 40 yrs or so. I’m currently trying to get into projects I can do at home to take some of the west and tear off of my body. I’ve gotten very interested in doing some home projects involving expoxy and wood slabs. I’m new to this and just starting out with the basics in tools. I’m having a hard time finding planing services where I can plane table size pieces of wood along with a big band saw. I’m in Greensboro n.c. If anybody can help, please let me know.

@cafwood i believe this would fall under your area of expertise?

The place with the largest mill in the area that I know of is Johnson’s Workbench. They may not offer services unless you buy lumber there, but it is worth a try. They may also be able to refer you to someone else. Good luck.

Robert, if you’re in North Carolina, our local resources won’t help you much unless you’re planning a road trip. But you might check https://makerbook.io/. It’s a directory resources for makers, craftsmen, builders, etc who are looking for access to specialty equipment, etc that most people don’t have sitting around. It might help you find something local to you. Good luck!!

1 Like