KISS drill bit organizer

Hopefully everyone who’s been looking for drill bits has seen this at this space. I’ve just restocked it with fresh drill bit. Please make sure to return bits here when done (it currently lives in the woodshop where the drill/drivers live). I’m slowly combining the random drill indexes spread around the space into this system. (Most of the indexes are practically empty… it’s really hard to remember where you got the bit and make sure it goes back into the correct set).

I’ve also ordered a second KISS system to keep things organize once we move the machine shop and expand the woodshop.

Long and short, do your part to help your fellow members. Missing drill bits rank pretty high on the frustrating moments at the makerspace when you’re in the heat of finishing a project.

2 Likes

Commenting here because we are refreshing this wonderful system. Additionally- if you break a bit, unless it is very valuable or you have the skills to sharpen it, just throw it away please. I pulled a large quantity of broken bits out of the organizer.
Same goes for chewed up driver bits.

1 Like