Joiner dust collection bracket broken

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: Bracket for joiner dust collection

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @SpaceForce

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
Came in to use the router and checked the system in general. Found the collection hose laying on the floor. Wooden mounting is broken at screw attachments.

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

@RealCarlRaymond , this would be of special interest to you.

I’ll volunteer to fix the assembly if that’ll be ok.

I made a new attachment board today but we’ll have to wait for the adhesive to set for about 24 hours to be sure it sticks. It should be ready by early Thursday.

2 Likes

How has this been looking? Is it alright for me to mark this as complete?

Yep, thanks for following up. The permeated needed a day to cure and she’s all set and ready to go. The cutting board class was able to use the jointer yesterday morning.
You can close this out as finished and you can also note that the dust collection system next to the horizontal belt sander and the twin roller sander is back in service. One of the volunteers found a disconnected wire as the culprit. I have replaced the connector on the switch with a new one and the unit is operational again.

“Permeated” should have been Permatex.