Is the jointer out of commission

Posting this because I don’t see anything on the site; it looks like this is a known issue already, because the jointer has been unplugged for the last couple of days, but there’s no maintenance request.

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: [the jointer (the joiner?)]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (@TEAM_Woodshop ):

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
[Ran the jointer today and found it wasn’t cutting evenly across the board. Unplugged and took a look at the blade and it looks like there’s some pretty severe breakage across the knives. Like a sizeable chip has been taken out of it. As I said above, the jointer was unplugged when I came in, so I’m assuming this is a known issue, but I wanted to get this up just in case it’s not.]

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

This brings up an old topic for tagout lockout:
https://wiki.lansingmakersnetwork.org/lockout_tagout/start?s[]=lockout

We have these tags located in one of the file cabinet drawers I think, the file cabinet next to the bathroom.

If a tool is deemed unsafe or unusable, we should lock it or tag it out. especially if it poses a danger. It’s too easy to say hmmm… this came unplugged and just plug it back in.

I’ve got a set of blade to install. I’ll do it tonight. Sorry for the delay. I intended to do it last night, but got distracted by something shiny.

That’s good to know. I thought unplugging it sent a pretty solid message that it wasn’t suitable for use, but once in a while things come unplugged in the course of rearranging the space.

This is finished now right? Just didn’t want to to prematurely mark it solved if it wasn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.