Introduction - toadz

Just joined today. Read a bunch of posts and made some suggestions to some. Looks like a cool site and as Arnie said “I’ll be back.”

Best to all!!

toadz aka Jim

Welcome! What are you planning on working on?

Hi Matt, I wasn’t really looking to work on anything. I was looking for some one to make some heavy duty hinges for me. I an willing to buy the material and pay to have them made. I’m renewing the garden shed here at home and want some heavy hinges for the doors. The old hinges weren’t adequate for what I want to do. And I can’t find hinges heavy enough for what I want. I would help the person making them for me.

I have an AS in Electronics (or what passed for electronics in the 70’s ) and a minor in auto mechanics. I’ve always worked in heavy industry. I can (in one form or another) operate torches, welders, metal cutting tools; brakes & benders, woodworking power and hand tools. Electrical would be D.C. to 220 3 phase, and of course, mechanics hand and power tools. Wood house framing, some dry walling and the electrical wiring for lights, appliances, heating and air conditioning. All passed govt. inspections. Some PVC plumbing. You could call me a jack of all trades master of none.

I’ve held numerous Mil-Spec certifications from soldering to crimping for multiple pin connectors, theodolite and tilting dumpy levels. I was a process inspector for Lockheed Missiles and Space '83 to ‘92 where I held most of those certs’. I worked primarily on the Hubble Space Telescope for the assembly and verification stages. I didn’t go to the Cape for launch. I had just gotten married and would have been gone for 9 months or so, I didn’t think it would have been fair to my wife and kids to uproot them to do so.

I’m 67 years old living in the house I grew up in near Waverly and Willow in west Lansing. For the past 15 years I’ve taken care of every aspect of my mother’s care short of medical. She was bed ridden the last 18 months. She passed away this past December at 94. She wanted to die here in the house.

If you need to know anything else please ask!! I would like to help out at LMN if I can or if you need help doing something.

Best Always Matt!

Jim Graves