Introduction - Stacy

Hello! My husband (Mike, who hasn’t posted yet) just joined during your open house, and we are very excited!

I am interested in and do a lot of things: wood shop stuff - building things and especially refinishing furniture are at the top of my list right now. I’d also like to learn to solder, weld, and learn jewelry-making.

At some point in the next year I will be dipping my toe into cabinet-making - the goal is to start with cabinets for the shed (currently under renovation) and garage, and then once I have my feet under me, build cabinets for our bathrooms and kitchen. I’d also like to learn joinery/furniture-making skills in the service of restoring furniture.

My dad is a jack-of-all-trades and I know a little bit about a lot of things, and I’m happy to help when I know what I’m doing.

We’ve thought about joining for a long time, but just haven’t made it happen until now. I’m also excited about the classes, b/c if I sign up for something I’m much more likely to get myself organized enough to go to it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice to meet you Stacy! So glad that you’ve joined and excited to see what you make!

It sounds like you’ll need a woodshop checkout first. Keep an eye here on the talksite to see when the next one is scheduled.

2 Likes

I would have to say, Charlie (@cafwood) could probably teach the most about cabinetry and joinery. Others of us can help you out with various things.
So welcome!

Welcome to the space! Looks like you’ll be a pretty busy bee!

Welcome, Stacy! There are three of us (Jody, Vic & myself) that teach metalsmithing & silversmithing skills for making jewelry & more. Classes will start back up in the Fall. I look forward to meeting you sometime & showing you around the jewelry area. :slight_smile: