Introduction - John

Hello everyone! I’m currently a veterinary student over at MSU and recently discovered the makers network. I have done a little bit of almost everything in the shop. I grew up and live on a farm down south of Lansing when I’m not in school. I have a small wood shop there and have been around it for most of my life. Before last year most of my experience has been with larger projects, building barns, sheds, and a house, along with miscellaneous other projects. In the last year I’ve gotten into more furniture making. Recently I’ve made a kitchen table, a nightstand, and a desk. Aside from woodworking I’ve done a bit of machining and welding, and am known within my family as “Mr. Fix it”.

Besides woodworking I like to fish and will probably talk your ear off if I am allowed to. I admittedly probably have too many hobbies, but I’m not sure there is such a thing. I hope you all have a great day, and I look forward to meeting more of you.

Here are a few pictures of my latest projects.

1 Like

Hi John!

My biggest hobby is collecting hobbies, and I’m certain quite a few of us are like this

Welcome to the space! I look forward to seeing what you make!

Hello & welcome, John! Many of us around here enjoy a good chat. It’s wonderful to see what other creatives are building & making. I look forward to meeting you!