Introduction -Joanie

hello;
I’m interested in becoming a member, and would like to take classes in woodworking. Of course,this pandemic complicates this.
Anyway, I would like more info.
Thank you.
Joanie

Hi @Joanieb, I’m glad you found the space! I’m Erik Gillespie, a very new board member to the Lansing Makers Network. What kinds of woodworking projects do you have in mind?

Right now all of the classes have been put on hold, but we are planning to release a draft of our reopening plan by Friday of this week. I’ll make sure to express your interests to the rest of the board to see how we may be able to help you out.

Keep an eye out for our reopening plan and a personal follow-up later this week. :grin:

TTFN

I’m interested in learning how to use the equipment safely. I inherited a lot of rough lumber that is hardwood, much of it maple. I would love to gain skills to be able to use the wood for projects.
Thanks.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Joanie

Eric, I’m still hoping to become a member. What is the status of reopening? Thanks
Joanie

1 Like

Hi @Joanieb, we’re working on a proposal to lease a new space and assuming some fundraising and all the paperwork go through, we’re hoping to move and reopen in early May! :crossed_fingers:

If you’d like to meet the board, you are welcome to join our next board meeting on March 24th at 7:00 pm. I’ll post the details a few days ahead of the meeting in the Talk site so you can get the link.

Thank you for your patience — we’re so eager to re-open in a big way!