Glass Cutter available?

Is there a glass cutter in the shop? If so, any idea where it would be? I would like to cut a bottle down to make a glass.

There were a couple glass cutting blades in crafts last fall? I also have a bottle cutter i could loan you if needed

it’s still there in the craft room! it’s either on top of the blue cabinet, or in the large wooden cabinet in a box! clearly i need to reorganize in there afain XD

1 Like

@Evelyn do you have any sop’s lined up for these?

1 Like

I think this may be overambitious. I understand SOPs for the tools with many parts & power, etc. but the glass cutter is essentially a blade on a handle. “glass is sharp. clean up after yourself.” kinda sums it up

1 Like

Certainly, that would be it for the tool. It’s my understanding that glass can be tricky. Scoring with the tool and snapping right after gives you a clean break. Scoring but snapping later can make a shattered mess. Someone with more experience than me would have to chime in on this.

Also, if there is the need for an SOP for a glass cutter, there must be an SOP for hammers, every type.

1 Like

My thinking was that there are several easy things that you should do or avoid doing when cutting glass. And then of course how to clean up.
Not every hammer @GaryB just the big ones ;p

1 Like