Gallon Plastic Water Jug

Hey all. I’m looking for some gallon plastic water jugs of the sort seen below. If anyone is getting rid of some, I would gladly take them off your hands. I’m using them as makeshift cold frames for sprouting wildflowers from seed.

I don’t have any of these but I have a couple spare 1020s with dome lids

Oh thanks! I wouldn’t want to risk accidentally damaging them, though. The plan was to use them outside for sprouting.

It’s a 1020 they are super cheap in bulk and I have been abusing mine for years. If it’s outside I’d be more worried about the dome blowing away than getting messed up. They need a wash but you’re welcome to them if you’d like

Thanks! I’ll take you up on that.

Not sure if your still looking for jugs or not, but i have a few empty kitty litter jugs if you want them

Are they clear? I’m using them to sprout plants, so they need to let a ton of light in.

@JamesFriend are you growing living stone plants in this picture?

They are mixed lophophora cacti, I have living stones upstairs. I started using individual takeout container greenhouses for my small plants and don’t really grow larger plants anymore so I don’t need the domes. These cacti are 10 months old, I just put the lid on to show the depth of the dome

I’ve found one of the 1020 trays and both the domes, I’ll find the other tray and bring them for you tomorrow

These are some of my fancier living stones

Also, @JamesFriend I think I didn’t respond clearly to this, but I’ll gladly take you up on the offer of 1020s if you don’t need them.

Yes! Sorry I didn’t find them this week, I’ll gather them up and bring them soon

1 Like