Free Student Upcycle Friday: Clothing Renovations

Hi all! We’ve been invited to attend a sewing event with the MSU Surplus store.
Here’s an excerpt from the email:

I’m reaching out to invite you to an event we’re hosting here at Surplus & Recycling on Sept. 29 from 1 - 5 p.m. It’s one of our Free Student Upcycle Fridays, and this time the theme is Clothing Renovations.

People are invited to “renovate” their clothing or try something new w/ one of our clothing items (left over from the swap & shop which we’re hosting on the day prior.)

We will have a couple sewing machines, hand sew supplies, and things like scrap fabric, zippers, buttons, velcro, etc. We’ll also have some how-to guidance available for people to browse and get some ideas.

I know it’s not much notice, but I wanted to extend the invite nonetheless.
It’s similar to the Stitch & Swap event we held w/ LMN in winter sometime last academic year and students learned a lot from the LMN volunteers!

If you want to come (or another LMN volunteer is interested), let me know and we can work out details. If you can’t make it, I’m still happy to put out any fliers/lit you would like that highlights the sewing opportunities (or others) at LMN.

Please ask any questions on this chain, and I’ll get them back to Katie, the person running the event. @JamesFriend , @BillyGee , and @Lex went with me last year, and @Moonrod will be going this year!

3 Likes