Drill with a funky trigger switch?

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: DeWalt battery operated drill

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [Not sure]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
One of the DeWalt cordless drills has an intermittent problem. Sometimes it won’t turn on when I pull the trigger. But after a few pulls, it seems to work OK. I put it back on the rack with the other drills, in the left-most slot. This drill has a small clip on the base to hold a bit - I think it’s the only one with that feature.

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

Is it a model equipped with a brushless motor?

I don’t know. I didn’t look that closely at any labels.

I used it yesterday for a few minutes before switching to a different drill. But I marked the one giving me problems with some blue tape on the handle.

OK, I looked yesterday - this one does have a brushless motor.

If it hasn’t been fixed with yet I will take a look at it after my shift today

To my knowledge, it has not been fixed. However, remember that today and tomorrow are holidays. There are no open hours until Sunday.