Computer for vinyl cutter

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: vinyl cutter

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [REPLACEME]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
Carl tried to give me a checkout on the vinyl cutter and the computer by it isn’t the right computer. Is anyone able to get it set up to work?

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

1 Like

Hello All! I am in the process of setting up a NEW™ computer for the vinyl cutter. The original machine is now the laser cutter computer. If you need to use the vinyl cutter please follow these steps:

1. Take the computer from the laser cutter.
  2. Place that machine into the digital fabrication room and attach the vinyl cutter.
  3. Use the vinyl cutter.
  4. Return the laser cutter computer back to the laser cutter.

I’ll be marking my process in setting up the new computer in subsequent posts.

1 Like

Setting up new vinyl cutting machine

So far:

1. Found new machine that will become vinyl cutter computer.
  2. Upgraded HDD to SSD in machine.
  3. Activated Windows on new Machine.

TODO:

1. Move necessary software from laser cutting machine to new vinyl cutting machine.
  2. Add all other software and features to comply with LMN standards.
  3. Find cozy place for new computer within the Digital Fabrication room.
  4. Acquire peripheral hardware (mouse, monitor, keyboard, etc.) EDIT: Found mouse & keyboard
  5. Inaugural vinyl cut!
1 Like