Coleman Propane torch

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: Coleman propane torch

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): @TEAM_Blacksmith

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
Hi friends, came in today and saw this disassembled and empty (which is a bummer because I had scheduled my afternoon to get some work done). Is there another canister around? If not, will it be back online tomorrow?

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider Volunteering to help keep everything working well in our makerspace!

We’ve gone back and forth on if the small propane cylinders are part of the stocked consumables or if they’re “replace what you consume” consumables.

There’s a very good case for them being stocked by the space (similar to why we stock wood glue in the woodshop). We’ll pilot adding them to the Kanban system to make sure it isn’t an excessive usage item.

I’ll get them restocked in the next day or two.

Cliff brought in a small propane cylinder used to light the forge and use in the forge metal area. I bought the last one (Coleman). We had sometime ago a few of the torches and now appear to be down to one. We are suppling forge propane. When I have a project I bring in my own cylinders.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.