Coding help for arduino

Good morning everyone! Im very new to coding so all of this is pretty new to me I ran into a coding issue with a project Im working on (see link) Make Your Own METAR Weather Map – Rick Gouin. Im trying to make an ESC8266 board be able to connect to wifi without having to flash the software every time as Im trying to give away some of these maps to friend’s so they will need to be able to change the wifi password and SSID. I have found things to build new import the code but when it comes to actually merge it with an existing code Im at a complete loss. This is the link to the original code files Im using https://github.com/WKHarmon/led-sectional/blob/master/led-sectional.ino and this is the link to the code Im trying to merge with to no avail Change WiFi Credentials of ESP8266 without uploading code again – Circuit Schools.

Ive tried doing what the circuitschools is recommending but am having no luck and with me just randomly taking existing code out and replacing it I feel like im just shooting in the dark any help is much appreciated!

Hello, Justin! tagging people I think may be able to help; if not, they’ll know who can. @RealCarlRaymond @Evelyn

1 Like

Hey Justin! My name is Eli, I think I can help with this. Looking into it now. Feel free to DM me.

2 Likes

Thank you @Eli !
I’m afraid this is an area I really don’t know, but hope to learn myself

1 Like