Clarity on propane reimbursement

ISSUE or REQUEST: I would appreciate clarity on how to submit the reimbursement form for refilling the propane tanks

Affected Tool or Resource: [forge propane supply]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST: [@TEAM_Blacksmith ]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):

I am a little confused about how to use the reimbursement form, in particular for purchasing propane for the forge. I am supposed to get pre-approval, but the drop down only provides one option of who can approve this purchase (see attached screenshot). Then we have a policy that has been offered up in this thread: Simple blacksmith project - followup to basic checkout - #9 by CBennett

Is this suggestion something that has been officially adopted? Can anyone at the front desk then approve my going out and making this purchase? Where do they record their approval? Do I just mark it as being approved by Brian Adams even when he wasn’t involved in it because the form is setup that way?

I will note that even though I went to the U-haul facility at Waverly and Cedar, they said they did not have the Makerspace on file as a tax exempt group, though that could certainly be some sort of systems glitch or operator error on the part of the person working there.

Hey Todd, sorry about the confusion. I can’t say what this process is supposed to be in particular, but you can go ahead and submit the form as is, with Brian as the approver. This is a general-purpose reimbursement form, where we generally expect that purchases are approved by Brian (with, as I understand it, an exception for propane refills)

With regards to the suggested new process, I am not sure if we’re able to do it that way. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Thanks Jimmy. Hopefully we can get a process figured out for propane that makes this more straightforward.