Call for Volunteers: Women's Expo, Feb 9th - 11th

Howdy folks! This is a post about gathering volunteers for an upcoming event we will be tabling at, the Mid-Michigan Women’s Expo!

This event will take place at The Lansing Center in February, and our participation is being organized by @Lex. You can tag her with any questions about the particulars of the event!

If you’d like to participate, please drop a message down below with the shifts you would like to pick up. I’ll update everyone with a schedule once enough folks have put their names down.

Let’s get out there and proselytize! :cowboy_hat_face:

Friday, February 9th
Women’s Expo Day One @ The Lansing Center

9:30am - 1:00pm
2 - Event Shift Volunteers

Volunteers will run the booth at Women’s Expo, greeting event-goers, talking about the makerspace, facilitating play at Mega-Operation, facilitate some small crafts, and count / track the number of participants.

1:00pm - 6:00pm

Volunteers will run the booth at Women’s Expo, greeting event-goers, talking about the makerspace, facilitating play at Mega-Operation, facilitate some small crafts, and count / track the number of participants.

Saturday, February 10th
Women’s Expo Day Two @ The Lansing Center

9:30am - 1:00pm

1:00pm - 6:00pm

Sunday, February 11th
Women’s Expo Day Three @ The Lansing Center

10:30am - 1:00pm

1:00pm - 4:00pm

LOAD OUT AND PUTAWAY @ The Lansing Center → LMN

4:00pm - 6:00pm
1 - Volunteer with truck / trailer that can transport Mega Operation& chairs
2 - Load-out volunteers

Pack up everything at our booths, re-locate back to the makerspace and store.

1 Like

@Evelyn has already volunteered for one of the friday morning spots!

1 Like

Thank you Jimmy!
I’ll be there for the Friday morning shift

Hey all,

We are still looking for folks to work shifts. You’ll get into the women’s expo for free!

Hey all!

I’ll be there from Saturday, Feb 10, 1:00pm - 6:00pm. Who wants to join me? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yo! I can help out Sunday and the cleanup if need be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent. Could you be there 1-6 for demos and load out?

Open Shifts:

Friday AM (Need 2 people)
Friday PM (Need 1 person)

Saturday AM (Need 1 person)

Sunday AM (Need 2 people)
Sunday PM (Need 1 person)

Hey all,

We are still looking for folks to help out! If you see an arrow next to a shift down below, then that is a space we are hoping to fill.

Let me or @Lex know if you’re available to help get the word out about LMN at this event. The Women’s Expo is not something we’ve attended before, so it’s a great opportunity to show some new folks what we’re about!

@Lex I will cover Sunday morning through 4PM… can someone confirm the start time though?

1 Like

The start time is 10:30am, and has been corrected in the post!