Call for Volunteers: Fiber to Fashion Festival, Oct. 22nd

Howdy all! We have another upcoming event this October 22nd. Seams Fabric in East Lansing is putting on their second annual Fiber to Fashion Festival, and we’re going to be in attendance!

This event is particularly fiber arts-focused, and will see other vendors who dye wool, others who sew clothing, and more. We’ll be putting on our totebag sewing make-and-take workshop and advertising the makerspace at this event.

You can sign up for multiple shifts! In fact, please do so if you are interested! And let me know if you have any questions. Thanks all! :innocent:

October 22nd
LOAD-IN AND SET-UP @ LMN → Seams Fabric

9:00am - 10:00am
1 - Volunteer with truck / trailer that can transport fold-up tables and tent.
2 - Set-up volunteers

Volunteers will load up all event gear at the makerspace and transport to Seams Fabric. Volunteers will then set-up the tent, tables and activity.

Fashion to Fiber Festival @ Seams Fabric

10:00am - 2:00pm
2 - Sewing Volunteers
2 - General Volunteers

Two volunteers will run a sewing activity (weather permitting) while two more volunteers will greet guests and talk about the makerspace.

2:00pm - 6:00pm
2 - Sewing Volunteers
2 - General Volunteers

Two volunteers will run a sewing activity (weather permitting) while two more volunteers will greet guests and talk about the makerspace.

LOAD OUT AND PUTAWAY @ The Lansing Center → LMN

6:00pm - 7:00pm
1 - Volunteer with truck / trailer that can transport fold-up tables and tent.
2 - Load-out volunteers

Pack up everything at our booth, re-locate back to the makerspace and store.

I can help set up and be a general volunteer!

1 Like

I’m available as a general volunteer from 2-7.

1 Like

I have a truck available for set up and tear down

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.