Blacksmithing Town Hall Meeting

@Rossi.Bossi 6pm. we will probably stall for a bit before starting the actual meeting so people can eat if they want and so I can buy @billehhg time to get there from work

1 Like

I will try and attendā€¦

1 Like

I just figured out what that 20 means!

1 Like

Awesome. I can definitely be there, then. Thanks for taking the lead on this.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be at the makerspace for a while today, trying to get a few things prepared for the town hall tomorrow. Anyone that wants to drop in and give me a hand would be welcome.

1 Like

Thank you for doing that! I wonā€™t be able to be there tonight but I will be there beforehand tomorrow.

Well, although I didnā€™t get anything completed tool wise, I at least got the blacksmithing area swept up. And I got some of the cutting done with @spencer s help. Thanks bro!

3 Likes

You know, if there is a big task that would require a lot of people, Iā€™m betting we could put together something.

1 Like

I wonā€™t be able to attend either, if someone can please post a summary of any decisions/plans, that would be great, thanks.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome, glad to help.

@Arialia @Moonrod Would you be available this saturday (the 1st) to meet at the space and go over what was covered in the town hall meeting? say around 2-2:30 pm?

Hi Alex!

Yes I would love that, thank you!

Best,

Henry

1 Like

Iā€™m also available! Thank you for reaching out!

1 Like

No problem! See you then!

Kind of too late, but i just realized I forgot to post my notesā€¦If itā€™s still any use:

• No personal stuff in blacksmithing. we donā€™t want to end up in a situation like this again. if something is back there, it should belong to the space
  • weā€™re going to try to use A33 for our new tools. itā€™s easy to work with and alex found a good supplier.
  • What we need most are tongs, hammers and anvils
  • there may be some groups who work on tools together
  • lmn canā€™t ask you to buy tools, but if you do, alex is grateful
  • no classes for now, eventually, classes should not be just one person
  • we might get an induction forge
3 Likes

Is the Postvice (LegVice) against the west wall in the blacksmith area space or private owner.
Either way if one would like help with restoring it I just finished one very sinular.
I would be happy to assist with rebuild (restore). Here is a picture of the one I restored.

1 Like

That was recently donated. I would love it if you could restore it! I appreciate the offer!

I will come in and pick it up to bring to my shop to do the work Monday or Tuesday. If all goes well I will return it the following Monday. The mounting will have to be determined you folks. I mounded mine on the other end of my larger post vice.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you! Weā€™ll figure out how we want to mount it when it gets back

Thanks for restoring that! I brought it in but hadnā€™t had time to restore it yet. It will be a necessity for having classes.

1 Like