Blacksmithing and Welding update

Hello everyone, I just wanted to provide an update on the smithing and welding areas. If you have been around lately, you may have noticed some changes.

First, we have a new welder and welding area. Big thanks to Bobby and Brandon for doing the lion’s share of the work getting that area set up. We still have some work to do before it will be officially open, but we should be able to start doing checkouts as soon as next week.

Second, we have expanded the blacksmith area, we are going to experiment with alternative tool and forage placements, so don’t be surprised if things move around.

We have been holding open forge nights on the first Thursday of each month for the last few months and we have been having good attendance. I would like to move this to every Thursday but in order to do that, I need a few more members who are willing to “be on call” for days where Bobby and I are both unable to attend. If you are able to help out, please let me know.

I would love to know what folks are making in the smithy and to get feedback on the recent changes or changes that people would like to see. If you can make it to an open forge night, please do (the next one is May 2nd)! If not, feel free to post here or contact me directly!

Thanks for reading and happy smithing!
Cliff

I plan on being there most every Thursday, so even if you guys can’t make it I should be able to be up there.