Hi!!!
I’ve been kind of hovering around like a loose electron for a while now and I didn’t realize that I never did an introduction post! Or maybe I did and it’s just super buried. Anyway, I’m joan.
I grew up here in Lansing as well as the Detroit suburbs of St. Clair Shores, Warren and later, Washington Heights. My grandma always had something for us to make when we came over, whether it was painting, beading, shaping clay, baking, whatever. She also introduced me to musical theatre which led to me majoring in theatre in college and working in the sceneshop part time. I learned a decent amount about handling saws, sanders, drills, clamps, etc. – whatever you’d find backstage, except I really didn’t do much metal working. I’m also a cosplayer and do a little sewing plus I enjoy D&D and I worked at a Renaissance Faire, so pretty much any type of cobbling stuff together to make fantasy worlds is gonna grab my attention.
I love nerd stuff so much that I got a PhD in it. I won’t go on about it here but feel free to ask me about it if you see me!