About the Introductions category

Introduce yourself and what you’re interested in here!

1 Like

Hi I’m Fred. I am interested in everything . . . litteraly . . . i have an extremely varied experiencd range due in part to my 20 years military service, 10 in long range radar (air defense) 10 in air force intelligence service (including 4 on special duty assignment on staff with the CIA) and 3 with Hughes technical service on contract to CIA, 7 with dart container as engineering technician/electronic repair and minor circuit design.

i also have a high interest in the sciences

I want to be checked out first on the lasar cutter, vinyl cutter (i have one at home) and 3d printer…

I have already read sop’s for the cutter and printer

Hello,
My name is Craig and I am the new guy here just found out about the network. I am an import from Ohio (go bucks!) and creativity is part of me.

My past experiences include:
operating a cnc machine at a cabinet shop
I like to tinker…
certificates in autocad (r14 yes a looong time ago)
certificates in desktop publish and graphics design
new/remodeling residential construction trades.
I like to tinker…
20+ year wood carver specializing in decorative aquatic sculptures (wooden fish)
Long time hobby, FISHING!

Current:
Trying to establish a new company which is currently involved in the tabletop games industry making high quality metal and plastic dice, which has led me to LMN.
Did I mention I like to tinker?

I hope to make it to an open shop time to meet some of you folks and have some fun.

p.s. Thanks for being so close to my house!

Hello. My name is Joanie and I am interested in becoming a member, although things are complicated now with the pandemic. Can you please share info with me about joining and about reopening?
Thanks

Hi I’m David. My wife and I both moved to Lansing the Sept before COVID shut everything down from Indianapolis. So now with things re-opening up it seems as though we are able to try all the things we wanted to once we were more settled - one being the LMS. My interest is predominately in the woodshop and laser cutter. However, I would love to grow my skills in metal work in conjunction with my woodworking skills.

1 Like

Welcome to the space, David! :partying_face:

Helloooo!

I’m Fremont, I’m new to the LMN. I’ve been in the area awhile now, went to MSU, and now work with wildlife. I’m apparently middle aged at 43 years old… it happened so quick I barely had a chance to notice.

I’ve been into woodworking since I was a teenager, and out of HS worked as a finish carpenter and custom cabinetry shop. After that I got picked up as a systems engineer and did that for awhile, got into home building for awhile, then finally went to school.

I’m into pretty much everything. Wood, obviously. Some electronics, some metal, sewing, been using the Adobe suite since it was blank and white lol, leather work - you name it. My life has felt like a constant path of discovery and learning.

I’m excited to be a part of the network! I look forward to learning what others have to offer, and sharing what I’ve picked up along the way, as well! I’m looking forward to getting into CNC and blacksmithing, in particular!

Hi All. My name is Mindy and I hope this is how I introduce myself. I’ve always loved to build and design but having grown up in the 1960s there were few opportunities for girls to learn from others (except cooking, sewing and knitting) so I am self taught but would love to learn from others with more skills and experience.

Hi, Erica here.
I joined a couple weeks ago after many years of contemplating joining. I am interested in probably everything eventually. Currently jewelry and some of the woodworking.

I have a pretty wide experience in jewelry but it was awhile ago in practice. Everything up to and including casting.
Otherwise I sew or used to a lot, costumes mostly. I also love pottery though I know you don’t have a space for that at this time. I also weave and, well, I collect crafts so I’ve tried a lot of things.