3D Printer Checkout

I would like to schedule a checkout of the 3D printer. Thanks.

Hi Michael, and welcome to LMN!

I would be happy to help you get started with the 3D printers. I am available anytime tomorrow or Monday or later if those times don’t work for you. Just let me know when you can make it. It should take less than an hour.

Jerry

Thanks for the offer Jerry. Carl was able to do a checkout with me. I am still working on figuring out the Prusa Slicer software if you have any tips that would be great. I was able to do a print using the default settings without a problem. I have a model that will most likely need support but I would like to find a way to print it without needing to use support.

I am glad that Carl could do a checkout for you.

There are around 200 options that you can change in Slic3r but most of them don’t need attention unless you have a specific need. The ones that you will need to pay attention to most often are layer height, hot end temp, heatbed temp, infill density, and sometimes filament diameter. Often the filament spool label will give you some clues.

Most people avoid support as much as possible, but sometimes it is unavoidable. Sometimes it can be avoided by flipping your part or splitting the part into two or more segments that fit together somehow.

I decided to try printing it and it actually turned out.