Woodshop and laser cutter checkout

Hi all,

I’m planning to join the LMN this weekend and am interested in wood working and laser cutting thin plywood. For my proper woodworking projects, I see myself making use of the miter and table saws, the jointer and planer, router, and some sanding. I am looking to make hardwood shelves or cutting boards (probably cutting boards) in the woodshop and topographical-type maps in shadow box framing using stacked plywood cut by the laser.

If anyone is able to check me out on any or all of the above equipment, I would greatly appreciate it! I’m available in the evenings after 5:00PM most evenings and all day on the weekends.

Looking forward to working with all of you!

-Jason

Hi Jason! I’m available to check you out on the laser cutter this weekend. If you want to come by the open hours on Saturday around 1:00, we could get you signed up for membership, give you a new member orientation, and check you out on the laser cutter and the wood shop.

@RealCarlRaymond would you be able to give Jason a wood shop check out on Saturday when you get in?

Thanks for the quick reply @Rossi.Bossi! I’ll see you there! Is there anything you would recommend for me to look up on YouTube or elsewhere before Saturday, or materials to bring to the check out?

-Jason

No problem! Don’t worry about materials or any videos to prewatch. During the checkout, we’ll be showing you how to use the equipment and we’ll supply the materials.