Volunteer management tools?

I’ve spent the last couple of months looking around and kicking the tires on some volunteer management online tools. I’m wondering if anyone has any good experiences with any platform either as a volunteer or as a volunteer organizer.

I’m looking for something that will allow us to post volunteer opportunities (shifts mainly) and allow volunteers to signup for a shift, and track their hours. Looking for something for the structured side of needing to track volunteers and make sure shifts are covered. We’ll still post volunteer opportunities in #volunteer-opportunities as well.

Bonus points for an API that lets me integrate the member system to allow volunteers to “cash in” their hours for volunteer memberships.

Concerns I’m evaluating

• Usability
  • Privacy (what do they do with our volunteer’s emails)
  • Integration ability (API)
  • Pricing

I’m leaning toward something self-hosted for the privacy concerns, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot out there (could be an interesting project for someone looking to design an open source system… but I don’t have the extra capacity for that at the moment). Paid or hosted solutions are open for consideration as well, so let me know if you’ve worked with something I should take a gander at!