Table saw brake tripped 11/26

ISSUE or REQUEST:

Affected Tool or Resource: [Table saw]

Team, Group or Volunteer who usually handles this type of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please tag using the @ symbol. Start by typing @TEAM_ to find most responsible teams): [@TEAM_Woodshop ]

Details of ISSUE or REQUEST (Please be as specific as possible):
[I just tripped the saw–not with my skin, but by touching metal that I was in contact with. Newbies, learn from my mistake: I pushed the sled (? I think that’s what it’s called) too far off the end of the table, tipping it up, and when I brought it back down it connected with the metal corner. I’d be happy to demo for anyone who wants to avoid doing something dumb. I ordered a replacement from Amazon, but it won’t be delivered until Tuesday. I don’t know if there’s a back-up here at the space to use in the meantime. I’m so sorry if I’m messing up people’s cutting board schedule!]

Please remember that VOLUNTEERS will be helping to resolve this issue. While everyone works very hard to fix things quickly, sometimes things take time. Please consider volunteering to help keep everything working well at our space!

We do keep a spare brake and blade on hand. I’ll get it replaced when I come in this afternoon.

The metal strip on the crosscut sled has bugged me since we switched to the sawstop. I’m not surprised that it was tripped with it.

The saw is back in operation now.

This topic was automatically closed 6 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.