Science Fair Hiawatha Elementary in Okemos on March 14th, 6:30-8:00pm

This message came in from Jim Sherman on facebook:
-snip-

Hello there! Last year, Lansing Makers Network came participated in our science fair at Hiawatha Elementary in Okemos. We are again putting on the fair this year, Wednesday, March 14, 6:30-8:00pm. You guys were a hit last year and wanted to know if you’d like to participate again this year?!?

-snip-

I think Katie and I would be able to go to this. Anyone know who went last year and what we did for them?

Anyone else willing to go this year with us?

Quick question, @zimmer62

Did last year’s event at Hiawatha also involve a take-apart lab like the one @RealCarlRaymond, @RayKurtis and I did at Bennett Woods last week Thursday? The kids and the parents loved it.

Looking through my email it looks like @michael did it last year. Looks like he brought the games and such.

Take-a-part would be cool. As long as we can get them to bring in stuff for the kids to take-a-part and take care of disposing of it afterward (that has always been the biggest problem with take-a-parts).

Elementary Science Nights are upon us.

I have directly received a request for “Resurrection School Science Night” March 21 from 6pm to 8pm. I have not yet responded.

Last year I had the Mini Van loaded with Mega’s, Piano and other stuff for desk top displays, just left it loaded for the month. and attended 3 Science Fair’s, with in 7 days of each other. This year we may be able to add a few other smaller desktop exhibits, that are bit more sciencey. Such as the 555. The Edison Bulb (using batteries). Are their other idea’s?

I am more than happy to help setup and tare down. However, my happy go luck friendly outward persona, is a bit tapped out. So I would recommend that other people help attend the the table.

I can’t do the March 21st date, I’ll be out of town, but I can do the 14th. Maybe a vinyl cutter or 3d printer running would be fun. For the science fair part those homopolar motors are always cool, but I don’t know the first thing about sourcing the parts or the cost involved.

Tomorrow from 6:30 - 8:00pm

Mike, would you be willing to drop off the big stuff from the van? Katie and I can bring small stuff and help setup and run the table.

Anyone else is welcome to join us.

Joe

I can try. I have several things at that time.