Rescheduled: CNC Checkout Saturday Feb. 2 at 2:00

I’ll be running a CNC router checkout Monday evening at 7:30pm. Anyone who is interested is welcome to join in. This consists of first using the V-Carve software to generate some G-code, then going into the wood shop and running it on the machine. This one takes around an hour or a little more.

I’m definitely interested and plan to be there. I am not a member as of yet. Can I submit everything along with my first payment that day or should I just go through the process on the website?

There’s an orientation when you become a member which takes 30-45 minutes. If you can come around on the weekend to join up, then you can get that out of the way first.

But you can still attend the checkout as a pre-member if that works for you.

Awesome. Well I will be there regardless. I’ll get the orientation out of the way as soon as possible. Thanks for the info.

I’d like to show up and get a refresher as well… if that would be ok? I hear Monday will be snowy, so if the weather is more than I want to handle, I’ll be a no-show (FYI). Thanks Carl.

@Justin_Crane @halgren @Lou:
I’m going to call a snow day on this checkout. It looks like snow all day. We’ll reschedule when things clear up, probably later this week.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thank you.

Now that it’s about to warm up, I propose we reschedule this for Saturday at 2:00pm. Let me know if that works for you.

I won’t be able to make it but I will look for more opportunity in the future.

Carl I am interested in Learning how to plane wood using the CNC. I just received my planing bit in the mail. I could be there Saturday. Would that be something we could do?

@krussell: You’re welcome to come for the checkout, though it won’t specifically cover resurfacing. However, it’s a starting point for everything else. Afterwards we can go over how to do a surfacing operation.